The Hasler Foundation is an independent foundation, free of any corporate interests, which aims to promote education, research and innovation in the field of information and communications technology (ICT) for the well-being and benefit of Switzerland as an intellectual and industrial centre. The Foundation provides its support by financing or co-financing selected educational, research and innovation projects and undertakings in the field of ICT.
The Hasler Foundation provides seed money in various forms:
- by holding a stake as a shareholder during the company’s formation;
- by acquiring a stake in a company that has already been founded;
- with other forms of financing (e.g. mezzanine capital).
See >> Quicklinks for further details.
- Young company with headquarters in Switzerland, typically a spin-off of a Swiss university; founders shall have recently completed their training or education programme(s).
- The product of the company (scalable product / service) is an innovation in the ICT-sector in itself and not only an ICT-application – even if innovative. The Intellectual Property Rights required are held by the company. The technology, processes or services cannot be easily copied.
- The company is lead by a convincing team which makes a success of the company feasible.
- The market potential of the innovative product/process or the service is clearly recognizable. A clear concept for dealing with the market must exist (proof of concept). The implementation of the concept has already been started through the company’s own efforts.